Create a schedule that fits my family
There are many benefits of being a Virtual Assistant- working from home. Most importantly, it allows my family’s lifestyle to take priority by allowing me to create a work schedule that fits around them, and that really works for me. It also allows me to have even more purpose in my life, especially being a stay at home mom. I get the benefits of working, but without leaving the kids at daycare all day :( and that sometimes lengthy commute to the office.
More reasons why I love my job
- You work at your allocated times. You’re the boss of your day!
- You work around your family commitments
- Allows you to take some financial load off your partner.
- You work for yourself
- No office politics, less busy gossip.
- You choose the type of work you want to specialize in.
- Save on gas and lunches, which is always a plus.
- You can expand your horizons in the comfort of your own home and at your own pace.
- The overall feeling of satisfaction by contributing to your household on a business level.
Creating a biz to fit you
The benefits are endless, but these are the ones I enjoy most about being a Virtual Assistant. Being able to create your own online business as a Virtual Assistant is a great opportunity to work from home and improve yourself at the same time. When you feel good the feeling passes on to your clients, team and ultimately your family and that is something I won’t take for granted.
I want to inspire you to take a look into this growing business. It’s an opportunity that may change your whole financial situation- like it did mine. You may start off slow or not know where to start, but keep doing your research, plug into groups, fourms. Once you get started, you’ll never look back.
Tell me: what’s holding you back from taking a leap into entrepreneurship?
If you’re a WAHM, then you know what it means to put everyone else first. We all do it! Your clients, your children, your housework and even hubby’s errands, but what about you? In order to make all of those things work successfully we need to think about ourselves too. You might think I mean a coffee break from time to time, but really I want to focus on body and mind.
Here are a few tips to achieve this:
- Exercise: Schedule out 30-60 minutes a day to get your workout in, just like a doctor appointment. It doesn’t need to be rigorous, just enough to get your blood pumping. I love yoga; it heals my body and mind and is a great way to start the day. Or try a quick 1 min. plank or some squats at your desk after 30 min slots of productivity.
- Snacking: No matter how hard you try to resist, you just can’t. Prep some healthy snacks or lunch ahead of time so you have a Go To instead of searching for your next fix. Select in season organic fruits and veggies, crackers, nuts etc.
- Fresh Air: It may not always feel like an option with your busy schedule, but some fresh air in the lungs and sun on your face is always refreshing. Even if it’s to watch the kids kick a ball around, enjoy a glass of lemonade and take a few moments away from the computer screen. We all need a break!
- Kick Start: Getting up early doesn’t sound great to most, but it can really help you have some quiet time and plan your day before the crazy starts. Or, if you don’t manage getting out of bed early, try planning your day the night before or use an online project management system to keep you in check.
Do you feel more balanced now?
All of these tips are to help the WAHM increase productivity, help feel balanced and hopefully a little more healthy and grounded. If you find your online business needs a little more stress relief, try hiring a Virtual Assistant for as little as 30-45 minutes each day.
Are you ready for some much needed organization in your online business?
Believe it or not, organization is one of the most important elements for success when it comes to making money online. Success is the ultimate goal, right?
A common problem in many small business organizations is a lack of important organizational components. The days of folders and filing are in the past. If you’re not sure where to get started, we have only one suggestion for you – an online Project Management system.
Here’s why they are so great and helpful for an online business like yours.
- Creates a go-to place for all project communication, so it stays in one place. Important info doesn’t get lost in emails, text, etc.
- An easy way to delegate to anyone on your team, whether it’s your web designer, virtual assistant or business partner.
- Keeps that important business stuff separate from personal stuff. This can include your ever-valuable time.
- Many online organizational products are free and easy to sync, even to your smart phone or tablet. Using Google products is a great example.
- If you like checklists, some systems like Asana allow you to create tons of subtasks for your big projects. These can be delegated to multiple team members.
- As a Virtual Assistant, it helps you (the client) easily track task progress (if set up correctly), without unnecessary check-ins to see where the project status is.
Asana is my go-to project management system. It allows up to 29 people on a free account and has all the important pieces I need to stay organized with my team and clients. Plus, it syncs with Dropbox, which is convenient for my team.
Are you ready to get started?
Not sure where to start or have the time to devote to this important task? Hire a Virtual Assistant to help get your business and projects organized. Take a look at our hourly rate packages to get started, plus a free 30-minute consultation! You won’t be disappointed!
As the popularity of having an online business increases, so does the demand for virtual assistants. No matter what type of business you may have there will always be tasks that take your focus away from growing your business and with the help of a Virtual Assistant you can minimize those distractions.
Benefits of Having a Virtual Assistant
There are an incredible amount benefits of having your own Work at Home Mom (WAHM) business including having a flexible schedule, being your own boss and the opportunity to spend more time with loved ones; but, like in everything, balance is key. A virtual assistant pays their own taxes, is committed and responsible, and reduces overhead you would otherwise have with an in-office assistant. Not to mention, they perform tasks that you deem important but may not have time to complete thereby minimizing your overwhelm.
The Importance of Balance
Studies show that increased stress can lead to premature aging, anxiety, and other serious health issues. Diet and exercise are perhaps the two biggest factors in a person’s health, but a balance of work and play is also recommended. If you make time to take care of yourself, the benefits will allow you to have more energy to focus on the important things in life, including running your business. Having a virtual assistant will reduce your stress, and overwhelm but most importantly having an assistant for your WAHM business can allow you to free up time for your family, maintain productivity and grow your business online.
Schedule a chat with me about how you can maximize time using a Virtual Assistant in your business.
It’s day 16 of the Blog Challenge with Natalie Sisson and I have my 17 month old helper on my lap today for this post!
Though that’ not the help we will cover today in response to the topic! :)
Natalie asks, “How will you build a team around your vision and work smart instead of hard?”
Work Smarter as a Virtual Assistant
As a Virtual Assistant/OBM this is what I help my clients with everyday. Turning the consistent tasks into delegated projects for a VA, which for me ranges from website management to data entry, to work smarter towards their vision of an ideal lifestyle.
When you are a VA or OBM, it can prove challenging to learn the concept of delegation, even though it’s what we teach and do. Maybe it’s because we do it all for others, we automatically think we can handle our own businesses. However, it’s absolutely impossible to hold onto your sanity after a certain point of having a never ending task list, even at the end of the day.
How I’ll Work Smarter
So, working smarter and not harder is for me all about delegation to another Virtual Assistant, who I teach my business processes to. It’s really quite a simple concept and having the right tools in place or business processes written out can allow one to fully provide the right services to you on the level you wish to have them provided.
The key is to not let your business get overrun before you hire someone to help you. Read more about When to Hire a Virtual Assistant.
Work smarter not harder with a Virtual Assistant! (Tweetable)
If you’re looking to hire a Virtual Assistant or any other service provider, I encourage you to check into my free How to Hire a Virtual Assistant Checklist. It will help prepare you before hiring someone on your team and point out some of the key pieces to implement before and after hiring a VA.
There are a lot of different options when it comes down to making money online. Obviously, there are products and services, which have been forever a popular choice when choosing how to make money online. But, there are also two other ways that may interest you.
Advertising and Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is a great option if you have a lot of follows on your blog and traffic to your website. Ideally, reviewing someone’s service or product that is related to your niche will allow your audience to benefit most. Advertising can also be great income stream. Again, allowing someone or something that is related to your niche to advertise in a paid location on your website or blog that has a solution for your market that you don’t offer is a great way to get partners in the future for your products or services.
Olivia’s Money Making Plan
However, when it comes down to how I want to make money in my business, I think I would opt for making my own products. It seems to be the most challenging option to choose because it takes much more time to plan, create and market before you see results of your efforts. Yet, it allows you build a better name for yourself or business if you can create clearly communicated solutions for the market you are targeting.
Though, I am intrigued by promoting other’s products with affiliate marketing and making an advertising/sponsorship option available on my website too. And, for me these don’t seem like very good options at this time, since I am still growing my audience.
But, I may look into them as they seem like they can be implemented quickly and have outstanding results if the right person stumbles onto my site. So now, I just need to figure out how to position this type of passive income without disrupting the flow of my site and blog or make it look tacky.
Do you think affiliate products could be on a “recommended resources” page? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
This post was inspired by Natalie Sisson’s Blog Challenge question. She asks, “What are the key ways in which you want to make money online in your chosen business OR Which are the key online revenue streams you want to focus on in your existing business?”
Join us here!